Basic MeatloafOld-fashioned Meat Loaf- A.K.A “Basic” Meatloaf
Recipe courtesy Paula DeenPrep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time: hr minCook Time:1 hr 0 minLevel:EasyServes:4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.Topping:
Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.